in the 1940s the word “boner” used to mean “huge mistake” and it still pretty much means that
how the fuck would you know that
because i know things
i read these to my dad and he literally fell off his chair laughing and is now purple in the face
there is nothing weirder than people you went to school with getting married
kurtbastian hiatus project – week two
day one: 1800s
Fact: The average person will blink at least a hundred times during their lifetime
I need a source on that one
Hm average people blank 24-26 times every minute so more than a hundred a lifetime for sure
Actually, people typically blink once every five seconds so that would be twelve blinks a minute.So that fact is correct but you would only have to live about 8.5 minutes to reach it.
imagine ur otp
the forehead touch
To the men who have told me that I’m overreacting and “it’s the 21st century women are equal now”
That 77 cents thing is only for white women… It’s even less for women of colour
Thanks for reminding us of that! ^
In the reverse
A white man makes $1.24 for every dollar that a white woman makes
A white man makes $1.44 for every dollar that a black woman makes
A white man makes $1.67 for every dollar that a latina woman makes
This is important. I wonder what the stats are in Australia?
Indigenous people earn so little on average thanks to apartheid that’s going on…and they’re not allowed to handle their own money
- A paper from 2001 estimated the rate of death from family violence in Indigenous communities is 10.8 times higher than for the non-Indigenous population.
- Another report released in March 2000 reports Aboriginal women in remote communities are 45 times more likely to be victims of abuse than other women.
- Indigenous females were 35 times as likely to be hospitalised due to family violence-related assaults as other Australian females.
- Indigenous females were nearly ten times more likely to die due to assault as non-Indigenous females.
- In 2008-10, Indigenous females in WA and the NT were between four and five times as likely to be hospitalised for respiratory diseases as non-Indigenous females.
- In 2009 it was estimated that Indigenous females born in 2005-2007 could expect to live to 72.9 years, almost 10 years less than the expectation of 82.6 years for non-Indigenous females. Life expectancy of Indigenous females was highest in NSW (75.0 years) and lowest in the NT (69.2 years).
- The proportions of Indigenous females employed as ‘managers’ (5.9%) or ‘professionals’ (17%) were less than that of those of non-Indigenous females (9.8% and 25% respectively).
- The retention rate for female Indigenous students from year 7/8 to year 10 was 100%, and from year 7/8 to year 12 it was 53%.
- Despite representing just over 2% of the total Australian population, Indigenous women accounted for 15% of homicide victims in Australia in 2002-03
So this was my real ACITW inspired one-shot, but instead of posting it when it was due for the Kurtbastian Project, I waited for obvious reasons. Just so you know, this has nothing to do with the AU I’m writing. It’s just a one-shot. I hope you enjoy it :) FutureFic, romance
Words cannot describe what I feel when I look at these